首頁>輕生活>一定要熟練的30個商業片語動詞!

  • 一定要熟練的30個商業片語動詞!
  • 世界公民文化中心/作者


片語動詞就是將動詞與介系詞或副詞組合在一起,整個當成一個動詞使用。我們幫你選的片語動詞不是最簡單的像talk to, put down, stand up, get in等基本片語,而是「進階版」,簡單漂亮又有動感的片語。它們共同特性是:字很簡單,你不必查字典,add, take, work 你都懂,但和介系詞綁在一塊就產生新的意思。使用片語是英文脫離母語干擾最重要的指標,要熟練它們,請一看再看,最好把它貼到辦公桌前,直到能夠脫口而出,用出來為止。

add up to 總計為、總共是

The total expenses added up to $325.

費用一共是325元。

back out 食言、違約、打退堂鼓

Sam backed out at the last second.

山姆最後一刻打退堂鼓了。

back up 支持(某人)(某事)[尤指在辯論中支持某人];備份電腦資料

You need examples to back up your opinion.

你得有例子支持你的論點。

bail out (用錢)保釋;(對個人、公司企業)紓困

The government cannot bail out every company with financial difficulties.

政府總不能每家企業有財務危機了就給紓困。

break down 仔細地分析

We need to break this problem down in order to solve it.

我得仔細分析問題才能解決它。

buy out 收購……的股份或股權

Pacific Inc. was bought out by a company from Oregon.

太平洋公司被一家位於奧勒岡的公司收購。

call off 取消

They called the event off because of the rain.

他們因下雨取消了活動。

carry on with 繼續(做)

I want you to carry on with the project while I am out of town.

我不在時,我要你繼續這個專案。

catch on 慢慢開始明白、了解

He caught on after a few minutes.

幾分鐘後他逐漸明白。

come along 進展

How's the research paper coming along?

研究報告進展如何?

do without 將就;沒有……也行

You can't do without a car in Silicon Valley.

在矽谷沒車很難生活。

draw up起草;擬定(計畫、合約等)

Let's draw an agreement up before we go any further with this project.

在進一步行動前,我們訂一份協議吧。

measure up 達到;符合標準

The discussions didn't measure up.

這些討論有不符合我的期望。

fall behind 落後

Hurry up or you will fall behind!

快點,你會來不及!

fill in 代替;填寫表格

Who is going to fill in while you're gone?

你不在時,誰代理你的職務?

hold off on 延緩、拖延、推遲

We should hold off on the meeting until all the members arrive.

我們應等全員到齊再開會。

take off不上班一段時間;請(幾天)假

I was sick last week, so I took a few days off of work.

我上週生病,所以休息了幾天。

end up 結果變成

I thought I was going to hate it, but I ended up enjoying myself.

我以為我會很討厭這份工作,想不到居然樂在其中。

occur to (主意等)浮現於腦中;被想到

It didn’t occur to us that we had left the door open.

我們沒想到會讓門開著。

pass on 傳給;傳閱

Please pass this message on to your coworkers.

請把這訊息傳達給你的同事。

pick up 成長;有起色;(用車子)接

Business is really picking up this quarter.

本季的業務有起色。

read up on 對……做深入研究;攻讀(某學科)

I need to read up on the company before I go on the job interview.

面試之前我會對公司做深入研究。

rule out 排除

I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of moving to another country if I get a good job offer.

我不排除有更好的機會我會到海外工作。

run down 找到;詆毀、批評

Have you run down those phone numbers I asked for last week?

我上週需要的電話號碼,你找到了嗎?

Please stop running people down all the time. They can't be that bad!

別再一直批評人了,人不可能都那麼壞!

run off 複印,影印

Would you mind running off 10 copies of this document for me?

你可以幫我影印10份文件嗎?

make out (辨)認出來;開出、寫出(支票、名單等);獲得成功

I can't make out your handwriting. What does this say?

我看不懂你的筆跡,你的意思是什麼?

Who should I make this check out to?

這張支票的抬頭應該開給誰?

He really made out in the stock market last year.

他去年在股市上大有斬獲。

touch on 簡略地談到;略微觸及

The manager touched on the subject of restructuring during the meeting.

經理在會議中約略提及改組的事。

turn down 拒絕(要求等)

She turned down the new job in New York, because she didn't want to move.

她回絕了紐約一家公司的工作機會,因為她不想搬過去。

wear out 使筋疲力竭、使疲憊不堪

Machines soon wear out under rough usage.

機器如果使用不仔細,很快就會磨損。

work out 解決;有好結果;成功

I hope you two work out your problems.

希望兩位能順利解決問題。

I am glad that your catering business is working out.

很高興你的餐飲事業成功。

※世界公民文化中心:www.core-corner.com

馬上按讚,加入30雜誌粉絲團